2.10.14

Exclusive Interview: 10 Questions with Jane Mooney of Parisi Jewellery


1. Jane 101: Name/Age/Location
Full name: Jane Louise Mooney, 36 years old, based in the East Riding of Yorkshire.

2. When and why did you start to design jewellery?
I started designing and making jewellery a couple of years ago. I was struggling to find pieces that were 'just right' in terms of look, size and proportions. I'm from a design background, but I taught myself goldsmithing, I just bought some basic equipment and started from there! 

3.Do you have any pets and what are their names?
I have a very old (nearly 19!) tortoiseshell cat called Millie. She likes to keep me company in the studio when I'm working and she's a regular star on our Instagram feed.

4. What inspired you/where does your inspiration come from?
I'm inspired by the shapes that occur in nature. I love to see the patterns within gemstones and try to work with the natural geometries to produce interesting and wearable pieces. 

5. Where do you see your company going in five years?
I would love to show at London Fashion Week in the designer showrooms and take the brand global. My vision is for Parisi Jewellery to be the 'go to' brand for chic, covetable pieces that have and edge to them.

6. What do you think of the accessories market at this point in time?
I think it's a great period for accessories at the moment, particularly fine jewellery. Precious jewels are a superb investment and there's a real enthusiasm for irreverent pieces that subvert the idea of what fine jewellery should be.

7. If you could have one person wear your jewellery who would it be and why?
I would LOVE for Sarah Jessica Parker to wear my pieces. I think she has such grace and elegance and is the epitome of chic.

8. What music do you listen to while in the design studio and out and about your daily life?
I do love all sorts of music, but in the studio I watch TV box sets! They just play in the background while I'm working. I am a bit of an eighties fan, and my boyfriend makes me amazing playlists that I have on my iPod when I go running.

9. Where did your fascination with the universe and space come from?
I've always loved astronomy and geology, I am a real geek at heart! I think it's amazing that the vast majority of the elements are forged in the heat of an exploding star, the gold in the metal work and the carbon in the diamonds is made from star stuff. I wanted to design a collection using this as inspiration and the Elements Collection was born.

10. What are three items you can't live without?
              iPhone
                      jewellery bench
                               Oribe Hair Conditioner





Website: http://www.parisijewellery.co.uk/
Facebook: /parisijewellery
Twitter: @parisijewellery
Instagram: @parisijewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment