8.10.10

Fashion Quote of the Week: Jeff Koons on Salvador Dali

Jeff Koons, the American artist known for his larger-than-life balloon animals recently shared a memory that changed his life forever: meeting his hero Salvador Dali.
"I grew up in Pennsylvania, where I came across Salvador Dali in magazines and coffee-table books. When I was 17, I found out that Dali was staying at the St. Regis Hotel in New York. I contacted him to see if I could meet him, and he told me to come over. When I arrived, he greeted me and invited me to an exhibition of his work, where he posed for some photographs. I remember that he was very patient while I juggled my camera round. He was very generous to give his time to a young artist like myself. Meeting Dali had a big impact on me. That evening, on the way back home, I thought to myself: 'I could do this. Art could be a way of life.'"
Courtesy of Elle Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment