14.1.14

The Golden Globes Best Dressed: Tom Ford

You're right! Tom Ford was not in attendance last night, although I wish he was for a few reasons. The 2014 Golden Globes aired last night, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler did funny women everywhere proud and once again were wonderful hosting the show.

Highlight of my night: Andy Samberg winning Best Actor in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical for Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Brooklyn Nine-Nine winning Best Comedy Series. The show is one of my favourites and it is seriously funny, it truly deserves the recognition it received last night!

Now the fun part, who was best dressed? Well for starters, and I know I am not alone on this one, I felt that there was more bad than good on the red carpet, but of course this is all a matter of opinion. Also, I've watched every episode of Project Runway and Project Runway: All Stars so I feel as if I've picked up how to properly critique a la Michael Kors and Nina Garcia.

My best dressed top three include two red carpet newbies: Margot Robbie from Wolf of Wall Street Lupita Nyong'o from Twelve Years a Slave, and the always radiant Olivia Wilde. Margo was a vision in Gucci white, Lupita rocked a cape by Ralph Lauren which has not been done since Gwyneth wore the white Tom Ford number, and Olivia shone bright like an emerald in a Gucci dress.

Margot Robbie


Lupita Nyong'o 


Olivia Wilde


Special shout out to Jared Leto's man-bun and Rashida Jones fun tropical palm tree print!


Images via WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment